Friday, June 27, 2008

Being Super Busy Doesn't Bode Well For Sanity

So, since I last left you, I grew a pair and jumped three feet. IN THE FIELD! I'm not going to say I got over it the first time, or in textbook, George-Morris-would-be-proud form, but confidence is the first step to being able to cement these things, right?
And in celebration, what did I do today? Go on a trail ride.
OK, first off, I wasn't wussing out. I have another lesson tomorrow, and then I have horse camp starting Monday, where for four days, I have to...*gasp*...ride a different horse. But I was super stressed today, and I needed the break.
So my friend Jenny and I took out our horses. Blue, the 11-year-old who is mainly bold but does like to spook at unusual things, like odd rocks and canoes, and Gibson, the three-year-old who looks but gets over it. Needless to say, both horses weren't really acting their age - Gibson in a good way, Blue in a not-quite-as-good way. (Apparently I like hypens today.)
We rode for two hours, and after some nice galloping sessions and a bit of jumping, interspersed with some silly spooking, fly swishing, heat-complaining and odd observations (I can only get one bar of cell service at the barn, but four in the middle of the woods? What are the odds?) we returned home and took the sweaty horses in the pond for a nice swim. We were joined by Kira and Drummer, who might as well grow gills for the amount of time he spends in the water.
A good time was had by all, and each horse and rider got themselves thoroughly wet. Drummer's a bit sore so Kira probably won't ride tomorrow, and Jenny's out of town, and Caitlin's out of STATE, so I have to...*gulp*...ride without my ever-present support system. Well, except for P.A. :)

No comments: